Books

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Welcome to this blog.

I originally started this blog several months ago to help a friend who was new to on-line activity. I posted a few throwaway comments just to see how they would look on the screen. I never intended to actually use it; after all, there is facebook for short comments and my website for longer discussions about writing or about my life here at Black Bay Farm.

Since then, however, I have been involved in the creation of e-books and also in the philosophy behind it. I have published as e-books four of my volumes of poems as well as a format guide for others to use in converting their poetryh manuscripts into e-books. To view samples of these, go to https://www.smashwords.com/books/search?query=P.+V.+LeForge Note that each of my four books of poetry were originally published in print format by four different publishers. In fact, a fifth book--originally published by a fifth publisher--is only available in a print edition because the publisher does not like e-books and will not give me the rights to convert it.

So this blog will give me the opportunity to discuss some of the controversy surrounding e-book publishing versus traditional publishing or mainstream publishing versus independent publishing. Sound interesting? You bet. But it will also give me a chance to talk about other issues that strike me that are too long for facebook and not appropriate for my website.

Feel free to contact me with any questions or add your opinion to mine in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment