Books

Saturday, May 14, 2011

I will convert your manuscript into an e-book

 I've spent a lot of time in the last few months studying the formats used in various e-book readers like Kindle, Kobo, Nook, iPad, and others. What you might not know is that your manuscript will look different in each format. And unless you get it right, it will look downright awful in some. Amazon's Kindle is the worst, despite being the most well known.
   If you have a manuscript you'd like to see as an e-book, I can make it happen. What I need is the manuscript in a Word file. I am most comfortable with poetry--a subject most other e-book publishers stumble over. What you will get is an e-book that will be available in almost every format, including those listed above. It won't be fancy--e-books really can't fancy be because of the various types and sizes of screens that they will be read on--but it will be clean and professional.
   I charge $100 for a poetry manuscript under 100 pages and $1 a page after that. For chapbooks of less than 30 pages, it would be only $50. Prose will be negotiable, but somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 for every 100 formatted pages. I take PayPal and checks, preferably the former. I'll give you more details and answer any questions when you contact me. In the meantime, look at the samples of my own poetry books listed in the post below this one. All are available not only at that link, but at most of the major e-book retailers, such as Diesel, Borders, and Apple.
   P. S. Watch out for Apple--their new iPad 2 is going to take away a lot of business from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment